Seram Coatings offers environmentally friendly, lightweight protection that extends the life of critical components exposed to demanding environments with high wear, high temperature, and corrosion.
We are the world’s first to have found a method for applying one of the world’s hardest substances, silicon carbide (SiC), as a protective layer with thermal spraying. The use of silicon carbide has enabled us to produce a uniquely durable and lightweight ceramic: ThermaSiC.
Learn more about ThermaSiC.
ThermaSiC is based on groundbreaking R&D work supervised by the highly recognized entrepreneur and award-winning Professor Nuria Espallargas at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Continuing Espallargas’ groundbreaking work, Seram Coatings established its factory pilot line in 2018 at Herøya Industrial Park in Porsgrunn, Norway. The park has a long history of industrial endeavors and is housing companies such as Hydro, Equinor, and Yara.
Since then, production scale-up and customer qualifications have been the two major focus areas. It took a long time to tame one of the world’s hardest substances. But with establishing our own test facility and an on-site thermal spray booth in 2022, we are now increasing customer activity, application testing, and product development.
Want to test new applications?
Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Seram Coatings are committed to having a positive impact on the environment and improving our customers’ climate footprint. We address many of the UN’s sustainable development goals through our business.
9. Industry, innovation, and infrastructure
· The innovation of ThermaSiC advances the technological level of the industrial sectors by bringing entirely new solutions to the market.
· This advancement will support our customers’ ability to create new jobs.
· Seram Coatings’ value proposition is to increase the productivity of our customers by reducing wear and corrosion.
12. Responsible consumption and production
· ThermaSiC can help reduce the use of chemicals that are harmful to the environment.
· ThermaSiC promotes resource and energy efficiency by extending the lifetime of components.
13. Climate action
· ThermaSiC can help businesses reduce CO2 emissions by reducing equipment weight.
· It can also improve the efficiency and operating temperature of engines.
14. Life below water
· ThermaSiC may enable customers to use chemicals that are less harmful to the marine environment.
· Seram Coatings actively participates in and funds product development to enable EALs (Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants) in cooperation with end users and lubrication manufacturers.
Want to learn more?